27 January 2014

What I Listened To in 2013: Part 2: Jazz and Classical


Check out Part 1 for a sampler of some of my favourite pop, rock and metal that I listened to in 2013.

I've never been a great jazz fan, but I did start to listen to and appreciate jazz a little more. Here are a couple of my favourites by Miles Davis, both in live performances:

Miles Davis Group, Time After Time



Miles Davis Quintet, Miles Runs The Voodoo Down



It's hard to find good classical clips on YouTube, but here's a sample of some of the classical music I've enjoyed over the past year:

Richard Strauss, Four Last Songs, No. 4: Im Abendrot (Renee Fleming)



Dmitri Shostakovich, String Quartet No. 8 (Borodin Quartet)



Bela Bartok, String Quartet No. 3 (Kontras Quartet)



Olivier Messiaen, Turangalila-Symphony (Movement 1, annotated)

No comments: