15 February 2010

All Blacks' Kitchen Gardens Takes The New Zealand Reading Challenge

Book blogger and librarian Tosca (aka Catatonia, aka @catatonichic on Twitter) recently decided it was time she read more New Zealand books, and embarked on her New Zealand books resolution.

The third book on her list was my second poetry collection, All Blacks' Kitchen Gardens. I waited anxiously to see what she'd think of it - though I was cheered by the news that, as she read it on the bus home, a fellow passenger had started reading over her shoulder. But in the event, I needn't have worried: she liked it a lot!

Tosca's full review is on the Manukau Libraries blog, and here is the first paragraph:

A delightful find! This title is a collection of poems covering a variety of topics that are funny, sad, political, reflective, about culture and life, nature, love, relationships - you name it and it's here, it's fresh and it's evocative.


I'm working on the poems for my third poetry collection at present, so a positive review of my previous collection is especially nice to get. Thank you, Tosca, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the books you will read for this challenge.

How You Can Buy All Blacks' Kitchen Gardens


  • Directly from me. I have copies available at NZ$15 + postage and packing. Postage and packing within New Zealand is $2.
  • From New Zealand Books Abroad
  • From Fishpond.


Sample Poems from All Blacks' Kitchen Gardens

No comments: