24 February 2009

Canterbury Poets Present: Autumn Readings 2009

Poetry in Performance: Autumn Readings 2009

  • Open microphone and guest readers 
  • Wednesdays 6.30pm $5 entry 
  • Madras Café Bookshop, 165 Madras St – licensed and BYO. 
  • Win a $20 MCB voucher – audience vote for the best open mike poet each night 

And here's the lineup:

18 March: Tim Jones (that's me, folks!), Fiona Farrell, Victoria Broome

25 March: David Howard, Marissa Johnpillai, Helen Lowe

1 April: Frankie McMillan, Tusiata Avia, Ben Brown

8 April: Ian Wedde, Charlotte Trevella, Helen Yong

15 April: Richard Reeve, Diana Deans, John O'Connor

22 April: Bernadette Hall, The Hagley Writers

29 April: Kevin Ireland, Joanna Preston, Koenraad Kuiper

Everyone welcome; enquiries to: joyces (at) clear.net.nz

Yes, I'm off to Christchurch! I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to read in my Dad's home town, and to take part in a reading with Fiona Farrell, to whom I am indebted for choosing my story "Win a Day with Mikhail Gorbachev!" for The Best New Zealand Fiction: Volume 4. If you're in Christchurch, please come along to one or more sessions. This looks like a great line-up.

No comments: